Robyn Silver: The Darkest Dream
I’m delighted to have Paula Harrison stopping by the blog today! Paula is here in celebration of the release of her new book Robyn Silver: The Darkest Dream. This is the second story in a wonderful adventure series and you can follow this link to read my review from earlier in the week.
Paula is sharing a guest post today that will give lucky readers some extra insight into her latest book.
Five random things you didn’t know about Robyn Silver: The Darkest Dream
- Robyn was born when the clock struck midnight which is why she can see monsters that other people can’t see. Luckily she meets two other people who were also born at midnight. Being the only one to see monsters would be pretty terrifying!
- The most ridiculous monster in the book is the mimicus which looks like an enormous pale jelly with eyes that can spring out on stalks from any part of its body. The mimicus can also copy people’s voices which is how it got its name.
- Weapons made from silver are the most effective against the monsters. But knowledge is also a powerful weapon in this story. Robyn, Nora and Aiden need to discover the truth about what’s terrorising their town and for this they have to raid an enemy’s library.
- Robyn has four brothers and sisters. Her sister Sammie, who is fourteen, is the person who annoys her most in the whole world.
- Grimdean House is where Robyn and her friends do their training. There is a Mortal Clock on the side of the tower which contains the power to awaken new monster hunters… when the clock strikes midnight
Paula Harrison is the best-selling children’s author of The Rescue Princesses series. Her books have sold over one million copies worldwide. Paula wanted to be a writer from a young age but spent many happy years as a primary school teacher first.
Thanks so much to Paula for visiting today and to Olivia at Scholastic for sending me this lovely book.